Attention! Students Leaving The UK

Claim Your Tax Return Before Leaving The UK

If you’re a student who has finished your studies, have been working in the last few months and are planning to leave the UK, then you should be hurrying up the tax man. It doesn’t make sense to up route and leave behind a tax rebate that may take the tax man up to five years to get back to you.

Make sure you have that rebate back in your pocket just in time for your travels.

As you’ll be leaving, it is important that you have your finances in order and as nice as it is when you’re surprised with the tax rebate cheque in the post you may as well have it now. It’s now the a few months into the tax year and depending on your wages as a student you can claim the tax you would have paid to the point you left work. Students rarely exceed the Personal Allowance (£10,600) figure so the income tax that is paid in those few months of the tax year will be returned to them.

Most students are taxed under the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.

This system isn’t really designed for students. It can leave you hundreds of pounds out of pocket and that’s where our agents earn their money! With our agents you can get your tax refund within 2 weeks and you don’t have to pay anything if we don’t get you a refund. If we do, we take a commission from the refund only when we get it, so it’s not going to cost you a penny!!

Students tend to work part-time, seasonally, with agencies or take on holiday work, all of which result in students overpaying tax due to the inefficiencies of the PAYE system. In fact almost every student pays too much tax!

To find out how much tax is owed to you can fill out a P50 form or contact one of our agents who will calculate for free the exact amount is owed to you. To follow up our agents are able to ensure you get you tax rebate if you complete our student tax rebate form.

Photo by Matese Fields on Unsplash

Translate »