Top Tax Tips for Hospitality Workers

If you’re in hospitality, then you could be paying too much tax, but did you know you there are certain things you can claim for?

As a chef, waiter, waitress or bar worker, then you’re legible to claim for the below items.

Meals & Travel

When you work overtime, you can claim for meals if you’re paid an overtime allowance by your employer.

And when it comes to travel, make sure you keep receipts for parking, tolls, taxis, buses, trains – in fact, all public transport for when you’re attending meetings, expos, tastings, and external training sessions – they all count!

If you use your own car to collect supplies, deliveries, or for any of the aforementioned, then make sure you keep a tab on how many miles you’re travelling for the same purpose!

Uniforms & Clothing

If you have to wear a compulsory uniform – e.g. shirts, trousers, waistcoats, jackets, blazers that hold the business logo – then this is also deductible.

Specific occupation clothing is also deductible – e.g. chef’s trousers, hats, jackets, aprons, gloves etc.

You can also claim for your laundry or dry cleaning of your uniforms.

Wondering if you’re owed some tax back? Apply here to find out!

Image by Ira Lee Nesbitt from Pixabay

Translate »